Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Quarter 4 Finish-A-Long Begins (Q4 FAL)

The team here at Forward Motion is poised to participate in the Q4 Finish-A-Long sponsored by Leanne at She Can Quilt.  The team consists of me and my 2 assistants pictured below.


I hope the fourth quarter of this year is extra long with no major holidays, because the UFO's are piling up over here.  In her post today, Leanne said "go big" with the Finish-A-Long list.

Q4 FAL
1 - Spools Quilt:  I am doing traditional needle turn applique on the borders.  1 side complete, 3 to go.




2 - Neutral Log Cabin:  a long way to go, but I'm loving it.  And, I intend to hand quilt this.



3 - Son's Quilt:  basting it now!



4 - Key West Story Quilt:  Just need to finish this, you know


Oh, I'm feeling dizzy.  I better stop at 4.  There are so many others, but these are the principal ones.  Consider participating in the Finish A-Long.  I think you will find it a great motivator and Leanne makes it fun and really stays on top of things!  I'm off to link up with the other Q4 participants at She Can Quilt.  Check out the projects.

Go Sew,
Jodi B


7 comments:

Georgi said...

Love your UFOs ~ can't wait to see the Key West quilt when it's finished! I'm jumping into the FAL for the first time ~ Leanne is a great motivator! :)

Jennie said...

LOVE your log cabin. It's just so perfect! I wish I had cute assistants like that. Mine are cute, but they tend to scatter fabric hither and yon and make all sorts of messes in other rooms while I'm sewing. Unless they are asleep.

But then, mine are the two-legged kind!

Good luck with your list - can't wait to see the hand-quilting you do with that log cabin quilt.

OPQuilt said...

I decided to stop at four as well. I usually have like seven or nine on the list, but with the holidays coming, I'm trying to be realistic. A little bit.

I enjoyed looking at your projects. So many quilters seem to have quilts all sort of the same, but yours are different and interesting and each one is unique. Lovely--like going to a quilt show!

Elizabeth E.
opquilt.com

dutchcomfort said...

Love your loc cabin!!

Quiltin Jenny said...

Wow do I love that log cabin. The blue centers are just gorgeous!!

Hugs to your assistants.

AmandaK@whatthebobbin said...

There are some fun things on your list. I love the look of the Key West Story Quilt - it is going to look fantastic.

Kate said...

Love your assistants! And the projects too, of course. Love the blue centers in the log cabin, and Key West, and that appliqué! Very nice!