Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Quarter 4 2013 Finish-A-Long


Happy New Year and welcome 2014.  Don't you love a fresh start?

I am ready to link up to She Can Quilt Q4 Finish-A-Long.   Of the four unfinished projects on my list, I completed one!  Please, please...quiet the applause.

College age son got his quilt and he reports that he loves it.






I am a novice free motion quilter, but it is fun - it's like doodling.  The back of the quilt is flannel and you can see the quilting below.  The curved triangles are from a Patsy Thompson free motion quilting DVD.  I believe the technique is demonstrated on her Fast and Free Volume 0.5 DVD.  I really like her teaching style.






I am linking up with Leanne at She Can Quilt today with the one project!  Please visit her site and see all the quarter 4 finishes.

Go Sew
Jodi B

2 comments:

Leanne Parsons said...

Great quilt! I love all the colours with the black. I'm a novice FMQ-er too and love trying out new designs.

Leanne said...

Your quilt is lovely and the quilting is wonderful. I am so glad you son loves it, my boys love to get quilts too.