Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

WIP 5/21/14

WIP Wednesday is here.  I am really focusing on two projects.

Neutral Log Cabin
I am calling this neutral.  What do you think?  Is the dark too dark to be calling this a neutral quilt?  Should I rename it?  While squaring all the blocks on the twirly cutting mat, it turns out that 10 of the blocks were WAY too small to use!  Bummer.  I faintly remember checking / adjusting my quarter inch marker last year, shortly after starting this.  I can't believe it made that much difference.




So, we have 10 new blocks, coming right along.



Spools Quilt
I am desperately trying to get the right side border finished and attached by Monday.  From May 28 - May 31, I am attending the Handi Quilter Academy at Snow Bird Resort in Utah.  One class asks for 2 unquilted quilt tops so we can discuss possible free motion quilt designs.  Though this will not have the top and bottom border, it should be a good one to take.


Though Edyta Sitar (her pattern) fused the appliqué, I am needle turning.  And, to make it even more time consuming, I am adding some embroidery embellishments.  Wish me luck on getting this together by Monday!


WIP Wednesday is sponsored by Freshly Pieced.  Please stop by to see this terrific blog, the many talented quilters and inspiring projects!  I'm off to link up now.

Go Sew!
Jodi B

2 comments:

momiji said...

Whether neutral or not, your quilt looks great, and I just love the brightness and energy of the blue center squares. Log cabin quilts are always so striking--they're a real classic!

Amanda said...

Your log cabin looks great! And I think you can call it a neutral log cabin...brown of any value is neutral.